Stop Water Infiltration with Rainscreen Wall Vents!
Water Tight - Thick Metal - 2 Piece Construction - Drip Edge
You won't find
heavy duty vents
like these in
- Compatible with Rainscreen Applications
- Waterproof When Installed Properly
- Eliminates Leaking Behind Vent
- Removable Hood Allows Access
- Thick Metal Ready for Paint
- Quick Easy Installation
- Sturdy American Made Parts
- Vent Hood in Pre Primed Galvaneal
- For Use in Heavy Moisture Environment
- Used For Dryer Vent and Bath Vent
- Used For Range Hood Vent and Air Intake
- Used in Apartments and Condos
- Available in Round Connect Only
- Click Here for Video
- Call us for Copper or Stainless Steel
Pre-Primed Galvaneal Hood
Ready for Paint
What is a Rainscreen?
A rainscreen is an exterior cladding system featuring an air gap between the exterior cladding and the water-resistant barrier.
The air gap is created by vertical furring attached to the wall, with the cladding fastened to framing or nailable substrate through the furring.
Rainscreen walls are used in moist environments where water can easily get behind the siding and create moisture and rot issues.
Why Do I Need a Rainscreen Vent?
In order to properly vent a dryer, bathroom or range hood through a rainscreen wall, a two piece vent is needed. The vent tube and flashing are attached and properly sealed and waterproofed to the side of the building using a water tight barrier. Then the vertical furring is installed creating the rainscreen effect. After this, the siding is installed and finally the hood of the rainscreen vent attached. When installed properly, this wall vent system will prevent water from being able to enter behind the wall penetration and prevent potential water intrusion problems.
Want Additional Information?
Additional information, literature, and resources can be found by clicking links below:
Wikipedia Green Home Building How to Rainscreen Hammer & Hand National Center Healthy Housing
Galvanized Metal Rain Screen Wall Vent
ProductSizeW/ ScreenW/ Damper & ScreenW/ Damper